Do you want to learn ways to DECREASE food waste in your home?
Food waste is a common problem in many house-holds, follow these tips and see your result!
- When you go shopping make sure you take a shopping list, that way you don’t buy any unnecessary foods (buy what you need, not what you want).
- Only cook what you need and not HUGE batches.
- Grow your own herbs and vegetables.
- If you do end up having leftovers, give them to a friend or family member.
- Start composting!
What do I do with leftover food?
Stale Bread- A good way to use stale bread is making croutons! To make croutons you simply chop up your bread and put them in the oven with some oil and herbs! You can eat croutons with a fresh caesar salad!
Cheese- If you have some cheese leftover why don’t you just chuck it in a pan with some macaroni pasta?!
Bananas- Before your bananas go brown; chuck them a couple in the freezer. When they are ready, roll them in chocolate and sprinkle with the topping of your choice!
How to compost!
- Find a nice soft, bare area
- Lay some twigs and straw down
- Add compost materials such as grass, food scraps and leaves
- Add green manure to the pile
- All finished, you can now know that you have helped many creatures live!
I hope you liked my post and remember to check out some of my other pages/posts!!